Why Evictions Require an Attorney
Evictions or foreclosure require skilled and experienced attorneys to fight at your side.
Our attorneys work to advise you during the foreclosure or eviction process, which can be a very lengthy process. The laws involved can be complicated and area-specific, so we are there to help guide you throughout the entire process. We offer free no obligation 30-minute consultations so our attorneys can assess your situation and provide you with advice related to how we can help.
At Kepple Law Group, LLC, we have a deep understanding of Illinois foreclosure and eviction laws. We can:
- Guide you through what to expect during the foreclosure and/or the eviction process
- Examine all paperwork that may be involved, including filings and other documents
- Determine the potential success of an eviction for a landlord
- Determine the potential success of an eviction defense for a tenant
When Eviction Occurs
Some valid grounds for an eviction may include:
- Non payment of rent
- Violation of the terms and conditions of the lease or rental agreement
- Tenant damages the lease premises
- The lease or rental agreement comes to an end and the tenant does not vacate the leased premises
- Unlawful or illegal activities are occurring on the lease premises
Valid grounds for an eviction defense include:
- Improper notification prior to the landlord filing a court action
- Acceptance of partial payment when the landlord agrees in writing to continue the lease in exchange for partial payment
- The landlord failed to maintain the property
- Attempt to evict in retaliation because the tenant reported code violations or requested property repairs or maintenance
- Constructive eviction in which the property is uninhabitable. Because the tenant did not receive what was promised in the contract, he or she is not obligated to continue paying rent
- Violation of the Fair Housing Act, which prohibits housing discrimination due to race, color, sex, religion, disability and familial status.
Contact Kepple Law Group, LLC Today
Kepple Law Group, LLC advises clients in the communities of Peoria, Pekin, East Peoria, Morton, and Washington, Metamora, and all over Illinois. Their experienced professionals understand the complexities of Illinois and regional real estate law and can help you comprehend your rights and responsibilities as a purchaser or purveyor of property.
If you are facing eviction or foreclosure, give us a call today at 309-282-1545.