Even before your first day operating your business, there are laws you need to consider. A business attorney is there to help file necessary documents and guide your enterprise from the very beginning. At Kepple Law Group, LLC, our attorneys are here to assist you in selecting an appropriate business entity, draft internal management agreements, navigate highly complicated business transactions and more.
Business law covers a variety of legal areas, including:
- Tax law
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
A business lawyer can assist you and your business every step of the way. Here are some common legal milestones and concerns that may arise in the lifetime of a business, all of which your business lawyer can help sort out:
- Forming your business
- Corporate administration, like meeting with directors and partners to maintain incorporation
- Intellectual property protection, including the business name, logo and brand name. Certain businesses and their assets also qualify for copyrights, patents and trademarks.
- Privacy Policies, and protecting patient, customer or client information
- Non-Disclosure agreements to protect ideas and trade secrets
- Drafting employment agreements, contracts and non-compete agreements
- Drafting employee benefit programs and incentive plans
- Creating client agreements
- Collecting overdue accounts
- Defamation protection, including removing defamatory online reviews or sending a cease and desist order
- Developing exit strategies and policies for the end of a business or resignation of a partner or major shareholder
A business lawyer has a crucial role in a business’ formation and endurance. Your business lawyer will be there to offer trust, support and guidance in day-to-day decisions and major events. It’s important that you work with a corporate lawyer who has the knowledge and qualifications to create the best foundation for your business to thrive.
Contact a Business Attorney at Kepple Law Group, LLC Today!
Kepple Law works with clients and their businesses in the communities of Peoria, Pekin, East Peoria, Morton, and Washington. Contact us today to discuss your unique legal needs.