Need Help with Debt Collection?
Are you looking for representation in a debt collections dispute? Trust Kepple Law Group, LLC to defend and guide you in your case.
It’s important for you to know your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
There are a variety of debts covered under the act:
- Personal, family and household debts
- Credit card accounts
- Auto loans
- Medical bills
- Mortgage payments
Possible Red Flags
There are also some red flags to watch out for when a debt collector is contacting you. Be on alert for these behaviors:
- Unfair practices, like trying to collect interest or fees
- Harassment, oppression or abuse, like using profane language or threatening violence
- False statements, like pretending to be a government representative or attorney or claiming that you have committed a crime
- Threatening arrest
- Garnishing or seizing wages or property without lawful permission to do so
- Using a false company name
After speaking with the debt collector, you may decide to seek representation. Our attorneys will work with you and the collection company to resolve the issue.
What to Expect
You should also be aware of what benefits cannot be garnished. These include:
- Veterans’ Benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits
- Social Security Benefits
- Military Annuities
- Survivor Benefits
- Civil Service, Federal Retirement and Disability Benefits
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Federal Disaster Assistance
As a creditor, here are some issues you may encounter:
- Negotiating and restructuring debt
- Recovering rents and assumption/rejection of leases
- Creditor defense in fraudulent and preference transactions
- Assistance in an asset purchase and sale from bankruptcy debtors
- Handling marriage and real estate bankruptcy case issues
Judgments that can be collected for creditors include:
- Garnishing wages for child support, income tax, etc.
- Liens on property
- Property levies
- Contempt proceedings
- Assignment orders
Whether you are the creditor or the fighting a debt, you may decide to seek representation. Our attorneys will work with you and the creditor or individual you are collecting from to resolve the issue.
Contact Kepple Law Today!
Kepple Law Group, LLC works with clients in the communities of Peoria, Pekin, East Peoria, Morton, and Washington. Our experienced attorneys are very knowledgeable in collections law and will be there to help you as you settle your debt and collections problems.
Call us today at 309-282-1545.